You may request General Information from the Division of Corporations website. All written requests that are submitted to the Division of Corporations for completion must meet the following requirements:
- All requests must be submitted with a cover memo that has the name and address of the person/firm submitting the request. To ensure your request is processed quickly and efficiently, we strongly recommend utilizing our Filing cover memo. We require a complete mailing address along with a phone number, fax number and/or e-mail address of the contact person is required.
- All documents must be submitted on 8.5″by 11″ paper.
- Documents should have margins of 1″ on the sides, 2″ at the top and 1.5″ at the bottom.
- Documents should be typed using black ink. The execution should also be in black ink. The document must be legible.
- Prior to submitting a document that appoints a Registered Agent, the submitter must contact the Registered Agent to verify they agree to act on behalf of the entity.
- The Division of Corporations uses an electronic imaging system, therefore all documents must be legible. Fax/telecopies are acceptable according to the Delaware Code. You may send your fax to (302) 739-3812.
- Payment must be received at the time of filing.
Certification and Copy Requests
- All requests must be submitted with a cover memo that has the name and address of the person/firm submitting the request. To ensure your request is processed quickly and efficiently, we strongly recommend utilizing our Corporate Certificate cover memo. We require a complete mailing address along with a phone number, fax number and/or e-mail address of the contact person is required.
- Clearly state the type of documents/information you are requesting, including any dates if you are requesting a specific filing.
- Apostille and gold seal requests must state the country in which the document is being prepared for.
- Payment must accompany your request. No request will be processed until full payment is received.
- CREDIT CARD – The Division of Corporations accepts American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa cards only. It is now required that you supply the card account number, CVV2 (3 or 4 digit security number off the back of the card), name and address of the cardholder and the expiration date.
- CHECK – Checks must be made payable to the “Delaware Secretary of State”. The check must be drawn on an U.S. Bank in U.S. funds.
Mailing Address for Written Requests
Division of Corporations
John G. Townsend Building
401 Federal Street
Dover, DE 19901
Please be sure to include all filing fees, including expedited service fees (if requested). If you are unsure of the fees please call General Information at (302) 739-3073.
Related Topics: corporation, Division of Corporations, request, requests, Secretary of State